Applications will not be processed without the required documents. Documents in the application must be photocopies and will become a permanent part of the application. Do not include originals. Correctional officer applicants must complete the State of Texas Application for Employment, TDCJ Employment Application Supplement and the Statement of Availability, PERS-282b.
- A copy of your current driver license or government-issued ID with a photograph and/or date of birth, sex, height, eye color, and address. Temporary permits and/or receipts are not acceptable without the license with photograph. You will also need to present the original identification during screening for Correctional Officer applicants (See Notes 1 and 2, below.).
- A copy of your Social Security card. This must be a copy of the original card issued by the Social Security Office.
- For applicants for positions that do not require a college degree: A copy of a diploma or transcript that documents the highest level of education completed. For applicants for positions that do require a college degree: A copy of your college diploma or transcript. Windham School System requires official college transcripts verifying highest degree conferred. (See Note 3, below.)
- A copy of the DD Form 214 you were issued for the final period of active duty, if you served in the U.S. Military. This must be a complete Member 4 copy or other copy, which includes the type of discharge. If you are on terminal leave from active duty, attach a letter from your commander indicating the date of discharge and type of discharge. The DD Form 214 must be submitted after the discharge date. If you no longer have your copy of your DD Form 214, you may request a copy on-line at: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
- If you are a male, age 18 through 25, you must provide a copy of your Selective Service Registration Card or proof of exemption from Selective Service registration. If your card is not available, you may obtain proof of registration from the Internet and submit a printed copy of this proof. You may obtain proof of registration or register at the following address: http://www.sss.gov/default.htm
- A disposition for each item reported in questions 13, 14 and 15. A disposition is a statement of the charge, date and the results of the case. If the charge was dismissed, the disposition must state the reason for dismissal. Dispositions can normally be obtained from the clerk of the court having jurisdiction over the case.
- Your original, unexpired Driver’s License or Government-issued ID may be used at the time of screening for identification purposes only. Failure to provide proper identification may prevent you from screening on your selected date.
- Verification of eligibility for employment in the U.S. is required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. See page 9 of the Instructions for Employment Eligibility Verification for a complete list of acceptable documents for eligibility verification. Verification of employment eligibility will be completed on your first day of employment.
- Foreign/International diplomas or education credentials must be evaluated by a TDCJ-approved evaluation service or a member organization of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). As an alternative, applicants for positions that require only a high school diploma may obtain a GED certificate.
Links of Interest
Apply Today | Eligibility Criteria | Part-time Positions | Essential Functions | CO Salary | College Program | Recruiting Events | Take Sample Test | Unit Information (pdf) | Unit Locations | View Job Description
Page updated: 05/17/2019