Effective October 1, 2021, the number of inmate visits permitted will return to pre-COVID policy. The visitation schedule will remain Monday, Wednesday, Friday (1:00 PM - 5:30 PM), and Saturday, Sunday (8:00 AM - 5:30 PM). The online visitation scheduling system is open and accessible at the following link: https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/news/online_visitation_portal_registration_open.html.
The following rules are applicable to visiting:
- Units that are less than 70% vaccinated will continue to require masks for both the inmate and visitor and contact visitation tables will remain socially distanced.
- Units that are at or above 70% vaccinated will not require masks; however, masks are encouraged. Visitation areas will be operated at full capacity.
- Visitors and volunteers are required to take a rapid test prior to entering any TDCJ unit.
- Inmates must be vaccinated for a contact visit; family and friends are not required to be vaccinated. Special visits are not permitted at this time. Vending machines are now open and accessible to visitors, with staff assistance.
Tablet and video visitation remain available and are encouraged. Use the following link to find out which options are available at each unit. https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/news/remote_video_visitation.html.
- Inmates are allowed one, 60-minute visit per month (in addition to contact/non-contact visitation, where applicable).
- Tablet visits can be scheduled through the portal at no cost.
- Inmates are allowed one, 60-minute visit per month (in addition to contact/non-contact visitation).
- Video visitation must register through the Securus website and will cost $10.00 (where applicable).
Tablet and video visits do not count against the number of in-person visits.
For more information on inmate visitation, please visit our Inmate Visitation page at https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/visitation/index.html.