Victim Services Division
VIS Training Opportunity
Victim Impact Statement: the Victim’s Voice in the Criminal Justice Process
Register for Upcoming Training(s):
What You Will Gain From This Training:
- Increased knowledge of the important role the Victim Impact Statement plays at key stages of the criminal justice process;
- Increased knowledge and awareness of the statutory responsibilities of the various criminal justice entities with regards to Victim Impact Statements;
- Familiarity with the revisions to the Victim Impact Statement forms and statistical reporting requirements; and
- Increased knowledge of the VIS recommended processing procedures that can be implemented in your community to ensure victims’ voices are heard at all stages of the criminal justice process.
Who Should Attend?
Training Credit for Attending:
- 2 hours of training credit (general credit)
- 2 hours of TCOLE credit
- 2 hours of credit for Social Work
For information on scheduling a training, you can request VIS as well as other training from the Integrated Victim Services System at https://ivss.tdcj.texas.gov/training-request/.