Victim Services Division
The mission of the Victim Services Division is to provide a central mechanism for crime victims to participate in the Criminal Justice System.
- Our Contact Information
- Confidential Victim Notification
- Texas Victim Resource Directory
- Victim Services Division FY 2021 Annual Report
Our promise to victims and their families
The TDCJ Victim Services Division is dedicated to providing direct, personal service to victims and their families throughout Texas, as well as, assisting those outside our state to the best of our ability. It is our goal to assure victims that they are not left behind at the crime scene, but can be involved in all parts of the criminal justice system if desired.
How to contact the Victim Services Division
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Central Standard Time)
If you are trying to contact us after business hours, please leave a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.
- TDCJ is pleased to announce its new "Links Library." This new resource provides links to helpful tools, information, brochures, and helplines for victims of crime. Our goal is to connect you to information you may need to navigate the criminal justice system, exercise your rights as a victim of crime and access support and assistance. Links Library allows crime victims to find information organized by topics with a brief description of the agency and how they can assist you. You will find topics ranging from Abuse & Neglect, Crime Victims’ Compensation, Domestic Violence, LGBTIA+, Safety Planning, Sexual Assault, Stalking, Suicide Prevention – Self-Harm Prevention, and Survivors of Homicide.
Links Library is located in our Integrated Victim Services System (IVSS) under the tab resources or visit the IVSS Links Library. Once on the page, click on the topic to expand the section and find more information. Links Library is mobile friendly; for those individuals who would like to access it from their phones or other hand-held devices.
- The TDCJ Victim Services Division is pleased to announce its new "Texas Victim Resource Directory." The new platform allows users to not only search more than 750 service provider listings by city or county but also by a number of other factors, including the type of crime victims served by an organization and the services they provide. Browse the updated Texas Victim Resource Directory.
- The TDCJ Victim Services Division is pleased to announce that we have implemented a new Integrated Victim Services System (IVSS) to manage victim notification and resource information. The new system allows you manage your personal information directly via our self-service portal. Updates to your information will be made in real time and will be available to view immediately. You will be able to search for limited offender information, register for notifications, see past notifications and update your preferences for receiving information from VSD through this portal. You also have the option to search for resources in your area by county, crime type or type of service. The portal is accessible through any device with internet capabilities including desktop computers, mobile phones and tablets.
You may register, update contact information and view notifications through your portal account. If you were previously registered with VSD, you will continue to receive notifications based on your prior preferences. Previous registrants will receive an e-mail with an invitation code which will allow you to create a portal account that is linked to your existing registration. Access the portal at:
Integrated Victim Services System (IVSS)
The Victim Services Division will continue to provide assistance through our crisis hotline, as well as through e-mail, postal mail and fax.
- To support the continued educational needs of victim services professionals, the Integrated Victim Services System (IVSS) provides information on training/events held in Texas. For more information, click here.
- Save the Date! TDCJ Victim Services Division, Texas Crime Victim Clearinghouse is pleased to announce the Texas Victim Assistance Training (TVAT) Academy is June 27 – 30, 2022. Click here for more information.