Victim Services Division
The mission of the Victim Services Division is to provide a central mechanism for crime victims to participate in the Criminal Justice System.
- Our Contact Information
- Confidential Victim Notification
- Texas Victim Resource Directory
- Victim Services Division FY 2023 Annual Report
Our promise to victims and their families
The TDCJ Victim Services Division is dedicated to providing direct, personal service to victims and their families throughout Texas, as well as, assisting those outside our state to the best of our ability. It is our goal to assure victims that they are not left behind at the crime scene, but can be involved in all parts of the criminal justice system if desired.
How to contact the Victim Services Division
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Central Standard Time)
If you are trying to contact us after business hours, please leave a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.
- To support the continued educational needs of victim services professionals, the Integrated Victim Services System (IVSS) provides information on training/events held in Texas. For more information, click here.
- The TDCJ Victim Services Division is pleased to launch a new Informational Video Library. The library serves as a resource for victim services and criminal justice professionals who wish to receive training and information on specific subjects related to serving victims of crime.
- An Electronic Victim Impact Statement (eVIS) created by TDCJ Victim Services Division is now available on the Integrated Victim Services System (IVSS) Portal. The eVIS offers another option for Victim Assistant Coordinators to provide the VIS to victims of violent crime, improve our ability as a criminal justice system to better serve victims, to meet victims where they are, to improve the response rate of completed VISs submitted by victims, and to streamline operations. For instructions on how to create an IVSS account for Justice Officials, and how to initiate and send an eVIS to a victim, please see the eVIS Help Guide.