Frequently Asked Questions
Commissary and Trust Fund Department
- How do I send money to an inmate?
- Has the payment I sent been posted to the inmate's account?
- What is the inmate's account balance?
- Will the inmate earn interest on funds in their account?
- May I send the deposit directly to the inmate's unit of assignment?
- How may I obtain deposit slips?
You have six (6) options:
- Money order or cashier's check
- Monthly checking account debit (ACH)
- ACE – America’s Cash Express
- eCommDirect Store
- TouchPay Payment Systems
Click here to view and print instructions for using the above options.
You may not send cash or personal check to an inmate.
Call (936) 438-8990 and provide inmate TDCJ number, inmate name, your name, amount of deposit, and the date it was sent. We will only verify this information to the sender.
This information cannot be provided as it is confidential.
No, inmates with funds in excess of their immediate needs are encouraged to open an account with and transfer excess funds to a banking facility of their choice.
No, all deposits must process through the inmate's Trust Fund account.
You may obtain deposit slips from the inmate.