Rehabilitation Programs Division
Our Roadway to Freedom Program
Our Roadway to Freedom is an intervention and recovery program targeting female inmates with a history of prostitution, human trafficking, sexual abuse and domestic violence. Programming goals include exiting the lifestyle of prostitution; reintegration into the community in a safe and healthy environment and ending the generational cycle that so often accompanies this lifestyle.
- Program for females who have been sentenced to prison who have a current or past conviction for prostitution or a history of prostitution without a conviction. This may include human trafficking, sexual abuse, and domestic violence.
- Participants volunteer to participate.
- 90-180 days remaining on sentence at time of enrollment – Track 1
- 180 days – 24 months remaining on sentence at time of enrollment – Track 2
- Identifying addictions and underlying causes
- Cognitive restructuring and intensive case management
- Recovery coaching
- Address criminal behavior, trauma, and abuse issues
- Increase self-esteem, and identify healthy relationships
- Peer mentoring
Audrey Trout, Manager II – Female Programs
TDCJ - Rehabilitation Programs Division
PO Box 99
Huntsville, TX 77342
Phone: (936) 437-7277
Fax: (936) 437-7326