$4,000 Recruiting Bonus for New Correctional Officers
View the map for the current bonus eligible units.
Who is eligible to sign a Bonus Contract?
- Full-time COs who were newly hired or graduated from the academy on or after September 27, 2017,
- TDCJ retirees who rehired as full-time CO after 90 calendar days of retirement from TDCJ, or
- TDCJ former employees rehired as full-time COs after one year of separation from TDCJ.
What are the terms?
- You must be eligible to receive the recruitment bonus.
- You must sign a contract agreeing to work at an understaffed correctional facility for one year from the date of bonus payment.
- You must repay the bonus in-full or partially if employment with TDCJ ends before one year from the date of bonus payment.
Links of Interest
Apply Today | Eligibility Criteria | Part-time Positions | Physical Agility Test (pdf) | Physical Agility Test Preparation | Essential Functions | CO Salary | College Program | Recruiting Events | Take Sample Test |Unit Information (pdf) | Unit Locations | View Job Description
Page update: 02/02/2018